The repoze.bfg Web Application Framework, Version 1.2 is a high-quality 500+ page paperback book which includes the BFG version 1.2 documentation by Chris McDonough, the primary author of repoze.bfg. It also contains extras such as a foreword by Paul Everitt, an author introduction, and nifty cover art by Electrosoup. If you like BFG, and you'd like to support the project, consider purchasing a copy!
Note: The book can also be found on Amazon.com and other online book outlets; however the project makes a greater percentage on each book sold if you buy it via Createspace, so if it isn't an inconvenience, please consider doing so.
repoze.bfg is a small, fast, down-to-earth, open source Python web development framework. It makes real-world web application development and deployment more fun, more predictable, and more productive.
This book will show you how to develop web applications using repoze.bfg and Python step-by-step, including:
- Using SQLAlchemy and ZODB along with repoze.bfg.
- Using built-in templating facilities to render HTML and XML.
- Using repoze.bfg security functionality to protect your application.
- Exending an existing repoze.bfg application without changing its source code.
- Using sessions within repoze.bfg.
- Running repoze.bfg under mod_wsgi.
- Deploying your repoze.bfg application to Google's App Engine.
This book is written by the primary author of repoze.bfg. It has developed along with framework itself, and therefore contains the most accurate and up to date information.
About the Author
Chris McDonough is the primary author of the repoze.bfg web application framework. He is a Python developer and consultant for Agendaless Consulting, a company based in Fredericksburg, VA, USA. His other major projects include Supervisor, a Python process management system.